UW-Parkside Men's Rugby Football Club Code of Conduct
The UW-Parkside Menís Rugby Football Club and the UW-Parkside Menís Rugby Football Club officers expect all players to abide by the following code of conduct. Before the beginning of each season, any player who wishes to be eligible to play must sign the code of conduct:
1) All players shall maintain a high standard of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self control, responsible behavior; consideration for the physical and emotional well-being of others, proper manners on the field and in public places where Parkside Menís Rugby sponsored events/games are being held and while traveling to and from such places.
2) All players shall abstain from the use of illegal drugs and the immoderate use of alcohol before, during or after matches, as well as at Parkside Menís Rugby sponsor's place of business, sponsored events or games. Any player under the age of 21 shall abstain from any use of alcohol.
3) All players shall abstain from obnoxious, impolite or antisocial behavior of any sort that would adversely affect the image of Parkside Menís Rugby. This includes verbal abuse of players, opponent, officials or supporters during a matches or a Parkside Menís Rugby sponsored events or games.
4) All players and supporters must respect the ground rules that are in effect at any particular match, such as prohibitions against having any alcohol or pubic indecency on the grounds and in public parks.
5) All players have a responsibility for the behavior of their supporters while attending Parkside Menís Rugby sponsored events/games.
6) All players shall respect and play within the Laws & Regulations that govern the sport of rugby, as set forth by the International Rugby Board (IRB), USA Rugby and WRFU.
7) All players have the responsibility to be game fit and to take care of any injuries incurred on or off the field. All injuries should be communicated to the Coach and/or Captain immediately following the game.
8) All players have the responsibility to show up on time for both games and practices. On game day all players must arrive 1 1/2 hours prior to the start of the game (unless previously communicated differently) and for away games must arrive at the predetermined departure time. For practices players must be kitted up prior to the designated start time. Any deviation from this must be communicated to the Coach and/or Captain prior to the scheduled time.
9) All players will refrain from any behavior that could be considered hazing. Parkside Men's Rugby has a zero tolerance for hazing of any nature and any player caught doing so will be subject to explusion.
10) All players take financial responsibility for any and all damage to property. Multiple displays of wreckless behavior towards property will result in an elevated level of sanctions.
11) All players recognize that they are students first and athletes second. Grades are to be maintained, classes are to be attended, and homework is to be completed. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is needed to be considered for play on our team.
12) Any player found in violation of the "Code of Conduct" will have an opportunity to explain his actions to the officers who will then determine the consequence. Consequences will range from a warning, a monetary fine, match suspensions or expulsion.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will be immediately addressed by the UW-Parkside Menís Rugby Football Club officers.